The culmination of our work is the Pro Kids scholarship program. With more than $2.5 million in awards to 250 scholars to date, it reflects our founding vision: “Golf is the hook; education is the payoff.” Most of our scholars are the first in their families to pursue higher education and have limited support at home. We bridge the gap in two ways: through adult mentors, who provide guidance to our aspiring students, and through academic scholarships. Students complete a rigorous application for this selective program. By offering renewable awards to scholars attending community colleges, vocational schools, four-year universities, and graduate schools, we extend Pro Kids’ reach, supporting our members through college and beyond.
Pro Kids Scholarship Application is Now Open!
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
All first time applicants must attend an application overview via Zoom before applying. Scholarship Program Manager Said Shaba is available to go over the scholarship application with any applicant by appointment. All first-time applicants must schedule an appointment before applying. Please email Said Shaba to schedule your appointment today.
To be eligible for a Pro Kids Scholarship:
- Applicants must have been an active Pro Kids member in junior and senior years of high school.
- New applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be planning to attend an institute of higher education (a two or four-year accredited college, university, or vocational school).
- Applicants must attend school as a full-time student (Undergraduate full-time = 12 earned units or more per quarter/semester).
- Applicants must be worthy students who have distinguished themselves personally and scholastically.
- Renewal applicants must have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Scholar Spotlight | Jessica Kim
Jessica Kim joined Pro Kids as a sophomore in high school. She graduated from UCSD in 2018 with a BS in Human Biology. She remained active at Pro Kids while she was at UCSD. After graduation she worked at Pro Kids preparing high school students for the SAT. Jessica is now in Medical School. She has been accepted into the Class of 2023- Drexel School of Medicine. She is just one shining example of the students who are a part of our scholarship program.
Looking to give back? Open a scholarship fund in memory of a loved one or in your family’s name! For more information, contact Karla Gomez, Interim-Executive Director.