The culmination of our work is the Pro Kids scholarship program. With more than $2.5 million in awards to 250 scholars to date, it reflects our founding vision: “Golf is the hook; education is the payoff.” Most of our scholars are the first in their families to pursue higher education and have limited support at home. We bridge the gap in two ways: through adult mentors, who provide guidance to our aspiring students, and through academic scholarships. Students complete a rigorous application for this selective program. By offering renewable awards to scholars attending community colleges, vocational schools, four-year universities, and graduate schools, we extend Pro Kids’ reach, supporting our members through college and beyond.
Pro Kids scholars are currently attending schools such as UC-Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, SDSU, University of Pennsylvania, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and Warner Pacific University.
To be eligible for a Pro Kids Scholarship:
- Applicants must have been an active Pro Kids member in junior and senior years of high school.
- New applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be planning to attend an institute of higher education (a two or four-year accredited college, university, or vocational school).
- Applicants must attend school as a full-time student (Undergraduate full-time = 12 earned units or more per quarter/semester).
- Applicants must be worthy students who have distinguished themselves personally and scholastically.
- Renewal applicants must have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Renewal applicants must complete 20 hours of community service by July 31, 2019, to comply with the conditions of the existing Pro Kids scholarship.
Scholar Profile: Jessica Kim
Jessica Kim joined Pro Kids as a sophomore in high school. She remained active at Pro Kids and became eligible for the scholarship after completion of high school. She attended UCSD and graduated in 2018 with a B.S in Human Biology. After, completion of college she began working at Pro Kids in order to give back to a program that played a big role in supporting her education. Jessica found her niche by preparing the high school members for the SAT. After reinforcing the Pro Kids culture of excellence, Jessica is ready to move onto Medical School. She has been accepted into the Class of 2023- Drexel School of Medicine and will start this summer. All of the scholars understand the importance of giving back to their community and Jessica is just one of many Pro Kids’ highlights!
For more information about our scholarship program please contact Said Shaba, College & Career Coordinator
To open a scholarship fund in memory of a loved one or in your family’s name, please contact Alison Aragon, Director of Development and Communications