Pro Kids | The First Tee of San Diego
Assistant Golf Professional- TourNament Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Golf Professional- Tournament Coordinator DEPARTMENT: Program
SUPERVISOR: Director of Golf STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Founded by former AFL/NFL player Ernest H. Wright, Sr. and incorporated as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in 1994, Pro Kids, The First Tee of San Diego, is a leader in providing underserved youth in San Diego County opportunities through positive life-changing experiences. Pro Kids challenges youth to excel in life by promoting character development, life skills, and values through education and the game of golf.
Pro Kid | The First Tee of San Diego is a committed community of excellence through our shared values of:
- Perpetual Growth
- Building Community
- Good Stewardship
- Compassionate Communication
- Embracing Challenge
Position Concept: Assist Pro Kids in accomplishing the mission of their strategic plan by ensuring that all aspects of the golf operations, programs, facilities, and services are being performed in a professional and responsible manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides large and small group instruction for ages 7-17.
- Schedules and collects registration, and monitors the progress of members and classes.
- Performs professional mentorship to members of all ages.
- Runs successful internal and external golf events, including End of the Month Tournaments.
- Maintains accurate data entry and record keeping.
- Demonstrates clear and professional communication methods including the use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Transports members to regulation golf courses for outings.
- Assists in the preparation of new programs, lesson plans, and special events.
- Provides excellent customer service, professional advice, and assistance to all members and parents so they enjoy their experience.
- Acts as a role model for our members.
- Manages Girls Golf programming at the City Heights facility including participation in Girls Mentoring Committee and Events
- Manages the fitness and nutrition aspects of programming
- Completes the requirements for the PGA (or LPGA) membership and maintain an active classification.
- Completes the requirements for The First Tee Recognized Coach Program.
- Assists in all golf events internally and externally
- Assists with Champions Club membership
- Assists with golf social media and communication
- Facilitates sponsorship opportunities for events
- Attends events as PK representative
- Works closely with PK Marketing Committee
- Provides support to the Academy
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to DDuchene@prokidsonline.org