Make a difference in the life of a child by donating your time. Volunteers serve as tutors, mentors, chaperones, committee members, golf assistants, and much more!
JOIN OUR PROGRAM:
- Find an opportunity that is right for you. It is important to find a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and availability. Please review our current list of Volunteer Opportunities to decide if one is right for you. New opportunities are always being posted, so please check back regularly to find new ways you can help out.
- Apply. You can apply online or pick one up in person at the Pro Kids facility.
For the City Heights application click here.
For the Oceanside application click here.
- Interview. Once your application has been received you will be contacted by the program manager to set up an interview at Pro Kids. The program manager will determine if your interests and abilities are an appropriate fit for the volunteer opportunities available at that time. An additional interview with staff may be necessary for positions requiring a specific level of proficiency.
- Complete a background check. Due to the nature of our work with children, all volunteers are required to complete a criminal background check. You will not be permitted to begin your volunteer assignment until Pro Kids has received confirmed clearance of your background check results.
- Attend orientation and training. You will be required to attend one orientation session at Pro Kids. We will do everything possible to provide you with the necessary training and materials to be successful in your position. Additional training opportunities will be offered throughout the year to provide you with opportunities to enhance your skills. Attendance at additional trainings is optional.
- Join in and have fun.
Click here for more info on the volunteer program.
Click here if you are under 18 years old and would like to volunteer for Pro Kids.
Registered volunteers: Click here to access the Volunteer Portal.
To learn more about volunteering at Pro Kids – City Heights or Pro Kids – Oceanside contact our Volunteer Services Coordinator at email@example.com.
Pro Kids has more than 200 actives volunteers. The dedication and service from these individuals keep our program running. Without their help, we would never have been able to serve 1,200+ kids in 2015.