How to join our volunteer team!
These steps are required to begin volunteering
STEP #1 Online Registration Form & Interview
- Choose the City Heights or Oceanside application (click one).
- Fill out the application. Under “Position Desired” mark your favorite option. You may expand your volunteer role after your get some time and experience at Pro Kids, however, when you start you will have one focus area.
- At the end of the application form, check the box for “I Agree” and “Continue”.
- After completing the application, you will receive an e-mail confirmation and phone call from the Home Course Volunteer Contact (HCVC) to schedule your interview.
- The interview will be 15-20 minutes, in person or on the phone.
STEP #2 Live Scan – fingerprint background screen
The HCVC will send you the Pro Kids live scan form.
- AAA Escondido – 431 West Grand Ave. #203 – Escondido 9202, 760-480-6900
- AAA Carlsbad – 800 Grand Ave. Suite C-9 – Carlsbad 92008, 760-434-3533
- AAA Mission Valley – 2667 Camino Del Rio S. #303 – San Diego 92108, 619-683-2660
STEP #3 Volunteer Orientation
Contact your HCVC to schedule a date and time for your orientation. You will learn about Pro Kids history, programming, policies and procedures while reviewing the volunteer handbook. During this meeting the volunteer guidelines will be signed and submitted.
STEP #4 Child Protection Training
- After the orientation, your HCVC will send you the training power point presentation via email
- The training is 20-30 min.
- Attached to the email will be a short quiz.
- Complete the quiz and email to your HCVC.
- You will receive an email confirming completion
STEP #5 Initial Assignment
Your HCVC will set up an initial assignment, providing details of time, activity and location. You will receive your volunteer name tag and learn how to sign in and out at this time.
Initial Volunteer Opportunities
Admin Support Volunteer: Admin Support Volunteers will be asked to answer phones, address basic questions about the program, assist with simple administrative tasks, keep an organized office workspace, and interact with program members, staff and community persons in a positive manner.
Education Support Volunteer: Education Support Volunteers will be asked to assist in classrooms, tutor members of a specific age group, play games with members, and interact with program members, staff and community persons in a positive manner.
Golf Support Volunteer: Golf Support Volunteers will be asked to assist with running stations in golf classes once trained and to chaperone members on the course, practice greens and driving range during scheduled golf practices.
City Heights, HCVC
Rachel Evans, Education and Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com, 619.582.7884
Summer Dreibelbis, Education and Volunteer Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org, 760.547.8566