The Learning Center empowers youth to develop into successful adults who positively contribute to their community and world. This is achieved by providing:
- An afterschool tutoring program, the Homework Club.
- A 6-station computer lab monitored by staff and volunteers who support technology literacy, teach research skills, and engage students with educational games.
- Life skills and educational workshops on topics such as public speaking, leadership, financial literacy, nutrition, essay writing, etiquette, science, and photography.
- Field trips (vocational, cultural, recreational) and community service projects (clean-ups, helping at food banks, senior center visits, etc.).
- Programs to prepare kids for an education beyond high school (SAT preparation classes, tours of college campuses, financial aid classes, college application assistance, etc.).
- Scholarships to active Pro Kids members attending trade schools, community colleges, four-year colleges/universities, and graduate schools. Click here to read more about Pro Kids scholarships.
While all members have access to the Homework Club, educational workshops, and games, the remaining Learning Center opportunities are available to kids who have achieved higher levels of golf certification. Click here to see the different levels.
To learn what the Learning Center has planned for this month, please check out our calendar of events below: